Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Kansas State Fair

Ready for the fair and so excited about his boots!

Feeding an Alpaca

Train Ride with Grandpa, Grandma and Cousins

Cotton Candy~YUMMY!

The funniest ride ever...the expressions are priceless! Bethany and and Landon loved it too!

Roller Coaster Fun

Landon said this ride was his favorite...thanks for going with him Bethany!

Back for round 2...check out Abby's expression!Love it!

Okay , so not everyone loved this ride...
Turkey Hill gives away ice cream every year...we all enjoyed the peanut butter/chocolate ice cream!

Coming off the stage with his CD after drumming!

Landon and Papa...Landon LOVES playing on all these type of ATVs at the fair!

One tired out cowboy...

Landon and I are on a Mommy/Son Roadtrip while Daddy is home working and holding down the fort in New Braunfels. We came to Kansas to visit Brian's family. We arrived on Friday and on Saturday we went to the Kansas State Fair. We were there for 7 hours and did not even see everything...it is huge and full of FUN things to do. We spent a huge chunk of the time in the midway~Landon would ride any and every ride but he does not reach the height requirement for all of them yet. He paired up with his older cousin Bethany and they did lots of thrill rides together! We visited the petting zoo and fed the cute little animals some food and even saw a kangaroo! Landon's favorite part of the day was the Wild About Monkeys show...he would have seen it again if he could have! I was told that if you go to the fair you have to have a Pronto Pup, which is essentially a corn dog BUT do not call it that at the sate fair! So, Landon and I shared one and I must say I did not think it tasted any different than a regular corn dog (ssshhh-don't tell the locals I said that!) I enjoyed roasted corn on a cob which is one of my favorite fair foods while Landon and his cousins devoured a bag of blue cotton candy! Landon also had the opportunity to go on stage and play drums with a band, so of course he enjoyed every minute of that experience and received a CD of their music as a reward for his participation! It was a great day spent with family and I love making memories with my lil' man!

6 comments:

pjtj said...

That looks like a blast!! Cousins...wish Elli was in those pics:) You really know how to have a great time. I especially love the boots!

Tyana said...

So fun! Looks like y'all are having a great time...have a safe trip. And I can not believe how big he is getting. I think I say that all the time but he is such a little man now.

The Aldrich's said...

What fun you guys had!!!I love all the pics! Landon looks so handsome in that first pic...really growing up! Love the boots!

A. Leigh Photography said...

so fun! looks like landon had a blast!

Kristin said...

Wow. It looks like you guys have had a great trip. I LOVE the fun carnival ride pictures; what great expressions you captured! And the photo of Landon crashed in his wagon is priceless...that boy can fall asleep anywhere! He is going to look back on all this day and say "I have a pretty cool mom!"

Fredrickson Family said...

I am still LOVING the ride pictures!! HaHa I laugh every time! Looks like y'all had lots of fun. You did a great job blogging the trip! Love ya!