Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Life at Long Island Village

My Dad acting as Resident Chef =)

Landon and Mr. Bill playing with the singing Large Mouth bass

Winking like Lightning McQueen


Washer Time


Landon made one in!

So very excited about his special treat while fishing...Sprite!


Multi-tasking at a young age...hope a big one doesn't bite!

Pool time


My parents live in a wonderful little neighborhood...there is always something fun going on either next door or at the clubhouse! The 1st night we were there they had "Chicken Night." You buy tickets ahead of time and then go join lots of neighbors for chicken and lots of tasty sides! We played dominoes afterward and I am excited to say that I won...must have been beginners luck! :) The next morning, we had "Community Breakfast" ~ all the my parents closest friends bring breakfast items down to one central carport and have a fabulous feast. The grill is also fired up and you can order eggs any way you like! My Dad was the resident chef this time...he loves that job. :) Landon loves taking part in all the other fun activities: swimming, fishing, washers, running his push toy in crazy circles and going on fast golf cart rides! I am so happy that my parents found such a great place to retire...they have met wonderful friends and stay busy with so many fun activities!

2 comments:

The Aldrich's said...

I love it! You guys did have a great time! :) Luckily this time Landon didn't crash the golf cart!! remember that! :) Landon is getting so big..we miss you guys sooo much!

pjtj said...

Wow, what a great week! I don't think Landon could have a bigger smile on his face! I would like to try some yummy eggs...James looks like he is quite the chef! That is my kind of fishing...multi-tasking...isn't that wrong--I thought fishing was to relax.